While using QuickBooks Desktop, at times, users come across several data damage errors. Data damage errors literally mean that company files cannot be read properly. Data damage errors in QuickBooks Desktop occur due to internal and external reasons.
Internal reasons responsible for damage in QuickBooks data means that there are a few components within the QuickBooks that prevent access or opening of company file. Whereas, external reasons responsible for data damage includes errors in file location or network.
In this blog post to help you out, I discuss different types of QuickBooks data damage and how by using Run and Verify Utility tool you can easily troubleshoot these errors. Well, if data damage errors are not resolved by using this utility tool then you may need to instantly consult a reputed and experienced QuickBooks Desktop service provider.
Different Types of QuickBooks Data Damage
When tables or the header of the table of company file cannot be viewed properly, then it means that there is structural data damage in QuickBooks.
When different lists of QuickBooks company file, such as Vendor list, Chart of Accounts, Item list, Customer list or Employee list are missing, then it means list data damage in QuickBooks.
When you are unable to find or locate any transaction or historical transaction in QuickBooks, then it means transaction data damage in QuickBooks.
When links between transactions are missing, then it means that there is link data damage in QuickBooks Desktop.
Reasons behind Different QuickBooks Data Damage
While using QuickBooks Desktop, you may at times come across different QuickBooks data damage error codes and messages that I will describe you in this section of the blog post.
Error -6000, -301
When you try to access a QuickBooks company file, then there can occur Error -6000, -301. This error code usually occurs due to multiple reasons that include
- Damage in any of these QuickBooks Desktop Support files:
- Network Descriptor (ND) file
- Transaction Log (TLG) file
- Data Source Name (DSN) file
- Encryption software is installed
- Damage QuickBooks company file
You need to follow the below-mentioned steps to troubleshoot this QuickBooks data damage error:
- Update QuickBooks with the latest release
- Rename all the QuickBooks Desktop Support Files
- Run QuickBooks File Doctor
- If you are using any encryption software then disable it
Error – 6150, -1006
This error is one of the structural QuickBooks data damage that prevents users to create, open or uses a company file. This error is caused due to several reasons that primarily include:
- Damage of company file
- Computer infected by CryptoWall Virus
To troubleshoot QuickBooks -6150, -1006 data damage error, you can follow these steps:
- Restore backup QuickBooks company file
- Recover lost data with QuickBooks Auto Data Recovery tool
- Create a new QuickBooks company file
Other QuickBooks data damage errors that you can encounter are listed below:
- Error: QBWin.log: LVL_SEVERE_ERROR–GetDecryptedCreditCardNumber The decryption has failed
- log: Verify list. Duplicate name encountered
- log: LVL_ERROR–Error: Verify item history target quantity on order mismatch error
- log: Orphan payee found in Online cache (US Version Only)
- log: LVL_ERROR – Error: Verify Item History: Build txn target bad pending state. Item = nnnnn
- log: LVL_ERROR–Error: Verify Online Account Information: Invalid Customer ID number
- log: LVL_ERROR-error: Verify Account List Item ###: View out of sequence
- log: LVL_Error–Error: Verify Item: Invalid tax agency
- log: Verify Target: Invalid Open Balance
Data damage errors are one of the most common errors that users encounter while opening accessing or creating a QuickBooks company file. By following the above-mentioned steps, you can somehow manage to resolve these errors, but, it is always advisable to troubleshoot QuickBooks Data Damage errors only with the assistance of an experienced and certified QuickBooks Error Support services provider.