While working on QuickBooks Desktop accounting software and trying to open or send invoices, reports or transactions, you can any time encounter Crash:Com errors. Such errors usually occur due to a failed update of data files. To resolve Com Errors, you can try to update QuickBooks Desktop with the latest patch released by Microsoft.
In case, Crash:Com errors don’t get fixed with the update, then you may need to instantly consult an experienced and certified QuickBooks support service provider. Before you consult an expert, it is, however, always useful if you have a sneak peek to different solutions involved in resolving any such Com error issues in QuickBooks Desktop.
In this blog post, to help you out and help you leverage more on QuickBooks Desktop accounting software, we discuss different solutions for resolving QuickBooks Crash:Com errors. Let’s start.
Solutions to Resolve Crash:Com Errors
Solution 1: Set up Outlook as the default mail app
The first solution that you may try to resolve Crash:Com error is to set up Microsoft Outlook as your default mail application. To set Outlook as a default mail app, follow these steps:
- Go to Control Panel and then click on Default Programs
- From Default Programs, click on Set Your Default Programs
- Now, from the Program list, chose Microsoft Outlook and select the option of Set this program as Default
- Finally, click on OK
Solution 2: Repair Office and run Windows update
Second option to fix Crash:Com error is to repair Office and then run Windows update. To repair office and run Windows update of your desktop there are three different steps for different Windows version that you need to follow only with the assistance of an expert QuickBooks or Microsoft support services provider.
Solution 3: Run QuickBooks in compatibility mode
You also have an option of running QuickBooks in a compatibility mode to resolve and fix Crash:Com errors in QuickBooks Desktop. To run QuickBooks in a compatibility mode, you need to follow these steps:
- Right-click on the QuickBooks icon
- Select Properties
- Select the Run program in the compatibility mode from the Compatibility tab
- Now, from the drop-down menu, select the option named Windows 7
- The put a check on the Run program as administrator
- Finally, click on Apply and then on OK
Solution 4: Add an email account to Microsoft Outlook
Another solution that you can try to fix Crash: Com errors in QuickBooks is to add an email account to Microsoft Outlook by following these steps:
- Select File menu in Microsoft Outlook
- Then to start setup, select the option of Add Account
- Now, enter the email address that you want to add to Microsoft Outlook
- Then select the option of Connect
- Now, wait until Outlook doesn’t detect the server setting automatically
- After that select Connect
- Finally, enter the credential of email address
- Click on OK
- Finally, after the setup process, click on OK
These are a few options that you can try to fix Crash:Com errors in QuickBooks Desktop. In case, however, if these solutions don’t work then contact our team of QuickBooks ProAdvisors and experts now.