QuickBooks Point of Sale or POS is one of the magnificent system consisting of both hardware devices and software that helps businesses from different domains simply their most complicated accounting and inventory management problems.
With the application of QuickBooks Point of Sale, businesses, such as retail and wholesale can manage their inventories in a much better way, ring sales, accept payment faster and perform several other tasks as well.
Well, with all these advantages of deploying QuickBooks Point of Sale, you can at times, come across several annoying errors. These errors don’t merely bring down the performance of your team but can leave your customers highly dissatisfied as well.
Major troubles while using QuickBooks Point of Sale appear while initializing it or while trying to open it. And, at such scenarios, there is an urgent need to contact an experienced QuickBooks POS support services provider.
However, before you dial a QuickBooks expert, it is advisable that you have a sneak peek to QuickBooks POS errors and an overview of how these errors can be resolved. In this blog post, to help you out, I present a few common QuickBooks POS errors and its troubleshooting steps.
Steps to Troubleshoot Common QBPOS Errors
QuickBooks POS Error 176103
While using QuickBooks Point of Sale to process a store exchange at a remote location, then you can encounter QB POS Error 176103 stating that the license number for the store is not in the HQ Store File Exchange.
This error message usually appears when the Error Folder, i.e. C:\ProgramData\Intuit\QuickBooks Point of Sale XX\StEX\Error consists of an old exchange file which has a different QuickBooks POS license number and not the one that has been set in QuickBooks company file preferences.
To troubleshoot QuickBooks POS Error 176103, you have two below-mentioned solutions:
Solution 1: Permanently Delete all the .QBT Files from your Computer
- Do make sure that all the Display hidden folders and files of the computer is enabled
For detailed instructions see Display hidden files and folders
- Click and go to the file location
- If you are using Windows 8 or 10
- Select the File Explorer by Clicking on the Windows logo
- Go to C:\ProgramData\Intuit\QuickBooks Point of Sale XX\StEX\Error.
- If you are using Windows 7
- Select Computer by clicking on Windows start button
- Then go to C:\ProgramData\Intuit\QuickBooks Point of Sale XX\StEX\Error.
- In this Window, a file with an extension of.QBT is listed, where you need to right-click and the select Delete
- Finally, close the Window and then send the mailbag.
Solution 2: From HQ Company Preferences, Review the Configuration of the License Number
- From File, select Company by clicking on Preferences
- Then, select Multi-store and then select Store Exchange from the left navigation panel
- After that, specify and set the QBPOS License Number from the Configuration tab
- Verify the license number by clicking on Configure from each store number
- And, finally, retry the store exchange process
QuickBooks POS Error 176102
While trying to open QuickBooks Point of Sale or while receiving a mailbag in QuickBooks POS multi-store, you can encounter Error 176102: QuickBooks POS could not find a valid installation on the machine. This QBPOS error occurs due to multiple reasons that include:
- Windows security is too high
- System requirements aren’t met
- Entitlement folders are damaged
- User login to Windows don’t have sufficient permission to run QuickBooks POS
- NET Framework is either damaged or broken
To troubleshoot this QuickBooks POS error, you have the following solutions:
Solution 1: Delete all the contents of the Entitlement Client Folder
- If you are using Windows 8.0, 8.1 or Windows 10, then Click on the Windows logo and then select the Folder option.
- If you are using Windows 7, then you need to right-click on the Windows Start button and then choose Computer.
- After that fo to C:\Program Data\Intuit\Entitlement Client\vx.x
- And, then press Ctrl+A for selecting files and then Right-click on it and select Delete
- After that open and register QuickBooks Point of Sale
Solution 2: Login as Windows Administrator
For logging in as a Windows Administrator, follow these steps:
- Restart the computer and then, log in as QBPOS Administrator
- After that click on Windows Start Button and then select User Account and then press Enter
- Change the User Control Account Setting
- And, then try to open QuickBooks POS again for receiving a mailbag
Solution 3: Perform Clean Re-installation of QuickBooks POS
Last option to resolve QuickBooks POS Error 176102 is to perform clean re-installation of QuickBooks Point of Sale. Well, before performing this troubleshooting step, you need to consider the following points:
- Do make sure that you have created QuickBooks POS backup for all data files
- You have QuickBooks POS installation CD or downloadable file
- You have Product Numbers and License available
- You have all the credentials of Windows Administrator
After confirming all these points, you can go ahead with the clean reinstallation of QuickBooks Point of Sale on your computer.
The Way Forward
While using QuickBooks Point of Sale, the above mentioned are a few common errors that you can encounter. Along with these error codes, you can at times, also encounter Error 100060, Access Violation Error Message and Errors in Initializing QBPOS Application log that we will discuss in our next blog post.
All in all, following the above-mentioned solutions, you can easily fix QuickBooks POS Error 176103 and 176102. However, it is always advisable to resolve these errors only with the assistance of an experienced and certified QuickBooks POS support services provider.